Corona Matching Facility
Objectives and requirements
- The financial support is targeted at VC fund backed startups and young growth companies which are closely related to Germany and in need of funding due to Covid-19. Another condition is that the startup or young growth company was not yet in financial difficulties on 31 December 2019 [as defined by the EU].
- Private VC fund managers with a German portfolio can apply for matching of their funding rounds with federal funds by KfW Capital or by European Investment Fund (EIF) until 30 June 2021. Applications must be submitted by 31. March 2021.
- Before funding is approved, all VC fund managers have to go through a series of checks.
Eligibility to apply
Only private VC fund managers with a German portfolio are eligible to apply if they fulfil the following criteria:
- Independent German or European VC fund manager
- Successfully completed checks by KfW Capital or EIF
Detailed information for fund managers on the application procedure can be found hier.
Please note: We kindly ask you to send your applications to VC-Matching@kfw.de or German-CMF@eif.org
According to an announcement by the Federal Minister for Economic Affairs, Peter Altmaier, and the Federal Minister of Finance, Olaf Scholz, a total of €2 billion are available for the financial support of startups. Start-ups that do not have access to federal funding via funds are eligible for Pillar 2. Please find more informations about Pillar 2 at www.kfw.de/corona-startup